Monday, October 7, 2013

When you were in elementary school, did you get a chance to play a flute or recorder?

Well at Keoneula Elementary, 5th and 6th graders play something called a fife. It is similar to the piccolo of flute. It's black with metal ends.  It has 7 holes--1 to blow and the other 6 are to play the notes.







We also play the snare drum. It’s made of wood 
and it has a yellowish varnish. Our music teacher is Mr. Uyehara. He is so great! He teaches us music every Friday.  6th graders go to room number G-109 for music class. Inside, there are instruments all around.

Make sure you don’t forget your instrument! If you do, you have to go to the office and see our vice principal, Ms. Obra. Pretty serious!
In my opinion music is the best subject in school! Even though I already know how to play and read notes, I still enjoy it because I can get more practice before my piano lessons.


I just wanted to tell you about this awesome subject in school. 


This is Jayde giving you the latest action news!

Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment