Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Cultural postcards you say?"

"Cultural postcards you say?"


In our class, we love to learn more and more. Our teacher made us do a little presentation to the class showing our different cultures and facts about it. We shared what our culture(s), eat, wears, how they speak, and more! With this, we learned a lot more about each other and about ourselves.
Now you are probably wondering, how did we present? Well, we wrote all of our information and placed pictures on a half piece of paper. It was like a postcard! 

On it, we shared pictures of food, clothing, and students also translated some words into the language that their culture(s) speak. Students made the background really colorful. I drew the flag of my culture as a backdrop. I really liked the way it turned out! 







This task made us even more educated with the world around us! We learned a lot more about Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, German, and many more! I think that we were all surprised about how much we can learn from one piece of paper! I've learned a lot about my culture and who I am. I am Filipino and I personally thought that I knew a lot about my culture, but it turns out I only knew 4% about it. Crazy right!?

I think that we were all really happy that our teacher did this because now we respect each other more and we became really educated about this topic. Everyone worked super hard on this and you can tell that we all put in a lot of effort into this because students presentations were really detailed and thorough. I wish that we can do more things like this in the future!

Written by Jewel Grade 6



Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment