Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Homework!

What do you think about your child's homework?

Do you think it's good for them? Or Bad?
    
In my opinion, I think homework can be a good thing and a bad thing. 

Why? Well it can be good because, we are learning at home so we can have help from our parents and then we can completely memorize what we are learning in class, because of the extra practice. Also, school doesn't last too long, so with all that extra time at home, why waste it? We could all do a bit of reading or math just so we completely know how to do it. 
    
BUT--it isn't good to have homework that you haven't learned or don't know how to do--that's obviously not fair. Also, too much homework would make it impossible to have any time for ourselves. We need to be BALANCED. If it's the kids fault and he or she did not act responsibly and use their time wisely, then the child should be staying in and doing catch up work. That’s obvious.
    
Having homework helps us practice skills such as:

Responsibility- We need to be responsible and use our time wisely in order to finish our homework on time and still have family time.

Integrity- Kids need integrity, because if they didn't do it they need to be honest and not make up a fake excuse such as: “My cousins were over.” and  then my teacher finds out that they live on the mainland.

Balance- We needs balanced because we need to be able to finish our homework, but still have time for fun.





Now do you see why homework is important? I hope so because I know that I do!!!

BLURB: MY NAME IS NICOLE. I AM 11 YEARS OLD AND I GO TO KEONEULA. MY MOST FAVORITE HOBBY IS ART. MY BEST FRIENDS ARE CASSIE, MADDIE, AND JOSHUA. I LOVE SCHOOL AND THIS IS A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME!!!

                                    
Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment