Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Do you know about AVID? AVID stands for Advanced Via Individual Determination.

Do you know about AVID? 

AVID stands for Advanced Via Individual Determination. 

We use AVID to help us keep organized. When we take notes, we either take 2 column notes or 3. 

The sixth graders got to see a presentation about AVID. Two AVID students from Ewa Makai Middle School came to talk to the sixth graders about AVID. 









They went over the types of notes they take in middle school-like Cornell note taking. They also talked about AVID elective classes. They talked about writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading. 

In this AVID class, they do a weekly binder check to see if you are well organized. Mrs. A. Matsuura did this last week and it went very well! 

This AVID presentation really made me more organized. They even gave out sign-up sheets if you wanted to join the class---I signed up!

I hope this blog gave you information about AVID! :)


Hi! My name is Samantha and I love the color blue! I’m in love with bunnies! :) I like to go hiking and I love pizza!

Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

                              
Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment