Monday, September 30, 2013

PE HOURS

PE HOURS 
BY: Mark Mori

How often do you exercise a week? 

Well anyway every Monday we have our P.E. class there we do fun physical activities like volleyball or dancing. You might think that we just exercise and that’s that, but you thought wrong! 6th grade always wants to exceed in everything we do.  For P.E., we are assigned FOUR hours of physical activity a week. All of this helps us to be BALANCED because we can level out our school work with physical activity.

That's a breeze though. Our teacher Mrs. Matsuura is always caring. If we do well on a day she will have an activity before school ends like freeze tag, or dancing. She does this because she always wants to ensure we get good grades and this helps us with logging in our physical P.E. hours. 
We played tag a few times and I even slipped in the mud! 


Exercise is important. Eating healthy helps stay fit. You also need to maintain your weight. You need at least 1 hour of physical activity a day to feel great and stay strong. But heads up before you exercise--you should stretch first because if you don't, you could get a cramp and that is never fun.

I play soccer. This helps me stay fit because at our practices, we do a lot of running and stretching. I like soccer because it is a fun and competitive way for me to stay fit and healthy. Also, it's good to give my hands a break and coordinate my feet and legs. Did you know that soccer is also known as football? It’s called that in other places like Europe. Do you play a sport? What is it? Comment below and let me know!

If you don't exercise often, you should start! Go outside and play ball or go walking with your friends. If you can't go outside, that shouldn't be an excuse--turn on the music and dance! Or if you are interested in a certain sport, encourage your parents to sign you up to a team like football, soccer, or swimming--there's so many. Also you can encourage your friends and/or family to exercise if they don't already.





My name is Mark. I enjoy skateboarding, swimming, surfing, soccer, and more. I am 11 and I have a sweet tooth. My favorite color is blue. My favorite food is pizza and cheese burgers.


Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment