Monday, September 30, 2013

Are you ready to get a load of IB cards? Yes you are!

Are you ready to get a load of IB cards? Yes you are!

I’m going to talk about a little system where students in grade 6 get a lanyard with a ring. A student goes around the class looking at each student and seeing whether to give them an IB card.

In our class, you get IB cards if you are showing that you are really focused and working hard. Each card has an IB learner profile on it. IB learner cards are a system that our whole school does. They are profiles that we students should be doing all the time.

There are currently 10 IB Learner Profiles and they are: Caring, Principled, Open-minded, Knowledgeable, Reflective, Inquirer, Communicator, Balanced, Thinker, and Risk Taker.

For example, when a student goes around passing out these cards, he or she will look for a student showcasing an IB Learner Profile, Inquirer. He/she looks for students that ask questions, or asks for help. Also, if the card being passed out says Risk Taker, he/she looks for students that shares their work or presents a lot.


When we get these cards, we put it on the ring on the lanyard. Now, you might be thinking, why do we need these cards? Or, what is the purpose? Well, the main reason is to be a good role model and showcase our good attitudes around campus. We want to be great leaders!


Blurb about me:

Hey guys! I'm Jewel and I am in 6th grade. I am also 10 years old and I love hooping! Hooping is basically doing tricks and dances with a hula hoop. I also LOVE animals! Whenever I see an animal, I just go crazy!! They are just so CUTE!!! Another thing that I love is writing because it is one of the many ways that I can communicate with the people around the world! Remember, I'm Jewel and always Live, Laugh, and Love <3

                               
Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment