Saturday, September 28, 2013

IB LANYARDS

Do you know what IB lanyards are?

IB lanyards are lanyards that catch us showcasing an IB Learner Profile or Attitude. Students in Mrs. Matsuura’s class get this laminated card that explains what IB learner profiles you portrayed and it also shows a picture of it. There is Caring, Principled, Open-Minded, Thinkers, Risk-Takers, Balanced, Inquires, Communicators, and others that you can get. We wear our lanyards with pride because we like to show others how great we are.

We get these cards by showing Mrs. Matsuura that we can be communicators by telling our ideas with others. We can also show how to be reflective by looking back on our work to think about it. We can show that we are risk takers because we always try new things. We always have integrity in ourselves. My friend Nicole shows how to be caring for others like how when I needed help on my homework, she helped me. My friend Zoe is an inquirer because Zoe asks too many questions and wonders a lot. We can be balanced by being all caught up with our work.

When we get a card we put it on our lanyard. We wait for our bunch of IB cards to get thicker and thicker! Mrs. Matsuura said that she might have to buy more lanyards soon because we earned so much! She said this was the first time that has happened! She looked very proud!



Our teacher opens a shop for the kids and we use the IB cards as tickets and get cool new stuff. It's so much fun!
 
                                     
My name is Joshua. I like to help others out, my favorite color is green, and I can be a bit goofy sometimes. Mrs. Matsuura always chooses me to help her because I always like to help!

Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment