Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Are you Organized? AVID Helps!


How Organized are you?

Have you ever wanted to be organized? Have you ever wanted to finish all of your pages to your math homework? If yes, then keep reading this entry!

Being organized is a skill you need to have if you want to get great grades. Trust me, I know!

Why? Well, when I was disorganized, I could never find any of my homework papers! I would have to start all over again, because I couldn't find them!
Especially with math, since we have to write them in order using our AVID 2 or 3 column notes. Since I always show my work, I have to use multiple papers. There was this one time when I had what it seemed like a million math papers!
I ended up losing one, and when I got to school I checked everywhere in my disorganized binder and I couldn't find it at all!


Do you know where I found it?

On my dresser in my bedroom! I had forgotten it and didn't put it in my binder! I had papers all over the place!
Well, I can tell you what. With these tips and instructions, you'll never have to go through what I had to go through!

Tip #1- Always have folders for everything. Whether it's Math, English, Social Studies (IB), or Science. I am really organized now that I have those kinds of folders. AVID is a great way for the kids to be organized and plan accordingly. I try not to procrastinate as much.
Tip #2. Always keep a neat space when doing your homework- You're bound to get everything done, and you won’t lose any papers.

Tip #3. Have a neat binder. Put due papers in the side pocket, buy a pencil pouch, and a planner with holes. Our school has a great planner and the cover of it is an art entry by one of my classmates; Erika!

I use the IB Learner Profile, BALANCED to put priorities on school work and having fun.

Your Writer, 
Kayleigh 






Blurb about Kayleigh:


Hi! I'm Kayleigh , Grade 6.
My hobbies include singing, dancing and drawing. See you next time!


Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment