Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hop, hop, hop! Slurp, slurp slurp!

Hop, hop, hop! Slurp, slurp slurp! 

What animal makes those sounds? Bunnies!!!!!!

My class teacher brings bunnies to class. Thumper, Bandit, Momo, and Appa. They are the cutest things ever!!!! There are so many things that you and I should know about rabbits. Did you know that the biggest bunny ever recorded is 23 pounds? He is from Germany and his name is Robert. He is huge!

I am being an INQUIRER!  I LOVE to research information on animals; especially rabbits! Kids in our class even borrow rabbit books from our school library. Then our teacher reads them to us before we end the day.

Now, let’s get serious. Rabbit care is a pretty serious thing. You need to take great care of pets and animals. You need to showcase the IB Attitude, RESPECT. You need to RESPECT other people and living things which include rabbits and other animals. 



Rabbits need to be carried properly. Some rabbits don't even like being carried. So you must be very gentle especially with big bunnies that could hurt you. You must carry him like a baby close to your chest. When I say close I mean that the rabbit should be able to hear and feel your heartbeat.


Let’s talk facts--Bunny facts. 
10 Facts about rabbits.

1. Their scientific names are leporidae
2. Rabbits enjoy social company of others, not just rabbits
3. Rabbits ears can be as long as 10 cm or 4 in
4. Rabbits teeth never stop growing
5. Rabbits cannot vomit
6. Rabbits can purr-similar to cats 
7. Predators can literally scare a rabbit to death
8. Domestic rabbits cannot breed with wild bunnies
9. The only place a rabbit can sweat is on the pads of its feet
10. Rabbits are awesome!!!! (Ok, this may not be a fact but in my opinion it is!!!)
                                   
My name is Elisa. I am 10 going on 11 in October. My favorite color is purple and I enjoy doing gymnastics. I have an older sister in high school. I live with my dad. I have been in the same school for 7 years, grade K-6. These are some things that you should know about me.

Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment