Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ewa Makai Middle School Band!

I am here to talk to you about the Ewa Makai Band. They are a new middle school in Ewa. They have a great band that sounds really good! They can play cool songs. You should really listen to the songs that they play!

The band has really cool instruments such as a trombone, flute, French horn, clarinet, saxophone, and also drums. The instruments were really loud-especially the drums and trombones.  

The band performed at other schools in the community too. I think that the band must have been really tired from playing all day. Also there is a conductor named John Iyoki that leads the band. It was fun when Mr. Iyoki asked for a volunteer and chose Jayde from our class!  

The IB Learner Profile that you need to be in a band is Balanced. You need to be Balanced because you need to play the instruments and listen to you band members to make sure you’re playing in a group and sound good. You also need to be a Risk Taker because you need to perform in front of a lot of students.  Zoe's brother, Ian is in the band and plays the French Horn--he's really good! Zoe's mom, Lynn is a busy Band Booster!

















Thank you for reading my blog about the Ewa Makai Band.


Hi my name is Dhaydren and my favorite color is blue. My favorite food is spaghetti. What’s your favorite food? Also my favorite hobby is football. This is a little bit about me.

                                 

Posted by Mrs. Aimee Matsuura's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment